About the Organisation
PivotWest is located in West Footscray. It services the municipalities of Brimbank and Maribyrnong and parts of the municipality of Melton. The City of Brimbank is part of Melbourne’s north west growth corridor and is a rapidly growing city as well as being the second largest municipality in Melbourne. The municipality of Maribyrnong is 31.2 square kms and is the most densely populated municipality in the region. Melton shire is a developing area and PivotWest takes in the Caroline Springs portion, as well as the growth corridor between Melton and Whyndam.
Areas within the PivotWest Catchment:
- provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for members
- represent its GP members and present a GP perspective on numerous committees, working parties, reference groups and at other forums, at the local, regional, state and federal levels
- act as a reference point for members and for other health organisations wishing to contact local GPs via its magazine and other communications
- to act as a source of information about developments in medical practice, health service delivery and public health in general
- develop and manage projects in five key areas:
- upskilling GPs in a wide range of practice skills,
- management of Chronic conditions,
- addressing the National Health Goals through health education and promotion,
- developing the role of GPs in patient care - e.g. -opportunistic health promotion,-shared care, case management,
- organising the networking and liaising of GPs with each other and with other health service providers and community groups.